These functions are declared in the main Allegro header file:
typedef struct ALLEGRO_STATE ALLEGRO_STATE;
The various state kept internally by Allegro can be displayed like this:
global active system driver current config per thread new bitmap params new display params active file interface errno current blending mode current display deferred drawing current target bitmap current transformation current clipping rectangle bitmap locking
In general, the only real global state is the active system driver. All other global state is per-thread, so if your application has multiple separate threads they never will interfere with each other. (Except if there are objects accessed by multiple threads of course. Usually you want to minimize that though and for the remaining cases use synchronization primitives described in the threads section or events described in the events section to control inter-thread communication.)
typedef enum ALLEGRO_STATE_FLAGS
void al_restore_state(ALLEGRO_STATE const *state)
Restores part of the state of the current thread from the given ALLEGRO_STATE object.
void al_store_state(ALLEGRO_STATE *state, int flags)
Stores part of the state of the current thread in the given ALLEGRO_STATE objects. The flags parameter can take any bit-combination of these flags:
- ALLEGRO_STATE_NEW_DISPLAY_PARAMETERS - new_display_format, new_display_refresh_rate, new_display_flags
- ALLEGRO_STATE_NEW_BITMAP_PARAMETERS - new_bitmap_format, new_bitmap_flags
- ALLEGRO_STATE_DISPLAY - current_display
- ALLEGRO_STATE_TARGET_BITMAP - target_bitmap
- ALLEGRO_STATE_BLENDER - blender
- ALLEGRO_STATE_TRANSFORM - current_transformation
- ALLEGRO_STATE_NEW_FILE_INTERFACE - new_file_interface
- ALLEGRO_STATE_BITMAP - same as ALLEGRO_STATE_NEW_BITMAP_PARAMETERS and ALLEGRO_STATE_TARGET_BITMAP
- ALLEGRO_STATE_ALL - all of the above
Some Allegro functions will set an error number as well as returning an error code. Call this function to retrieve the last error number set for the calling thread.
void al_set_errno(int errnum)
Set the error number for for the calling thread.