From: Peter Wang
Subject: [AL] Proposal for Allegro's future
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2001 19:30:55 +1000
Quite a bit of imagery on the conductors list recently has involved
"AllegroZilla". I would like to propose an alternative rendering,
which I have used once before, which is "'Grozilla". I believe the
latter is better for the following reasons:
- It looks and sounds like "Godzilla".
- Godzilla was a mutated lizard (at least in that really bad
movie). 'Grozilla is a mutated Alex, and really big.
- It has just enough resemblance to "Allegro", and uses a part of
the word that normally gets ignored in abbreviations.
- It sounds like "Grow".
- It looks and sounds like "Mozilla". We seem to have
inherited Mozilla's time scale
(or perhaps vice versa).
- Godzilla knocks down really big buildings. These buildings (from
one possible but incorrect viewpoint) represent obstacles,
civilisation, and big buildings. We would like 'Grozilla to do the
same. And eat sheep, too.
P.S. Given that we use "AL" so much, why have we not adopted a fat,
drunk couch potato for a mascot?
TOLLOAF (TOE lohf), v. Act of missing a toll basket and having to climb
out of your car to retrieve the coin. -- Rich Hall, "Sniglets"